Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I Made Wednesday: Flower Pot Organizer


Everyone has that one corner somewhere in their house that collects junk and sooner or later becomes a heep of everything from mail, to books, and loose change. So why not get organized and have some fun doing it. For my What I Made Wednesday I will be showing you how to create some small and big organizers out of flower pots!

What You'll Need
3 Ceramic Pots 
Primer
Spray Paint 

I chose a metallic finish spray paint but you can choose any color to match your decor. I also staggered the size of the flower pots but that is not necessary, use which ever sizes you like. I purchased all materials from Home Depot. The spray paint and primer are about $6 each and the flower pots were about $5 for all three.

First you want to get some type of old paper to use under the pots so the spray paint doesn't ruin you patio or surface. Spread the pots out so you have room to work on one without spraying another.

You will be using the primer first to create a smooth surface. Make sure to follow the directions on the can and be sure not to spray to close or it will cause drip marks.

Make sure all parts of each pot are covered and let dry for the allotted time.

Once all pots are dry you can begin to cover your pots in spray paint. Again follow the directions on the can as each brand may be different. And remember not to spray to close. You will want to usually do two coats of spray paint so let the first coat dry for the allotted time and reapply.

Once they are all dry I now have 3 shiny masterpieces!

The pots don't have to be labeled but I thought that it may add a nice touch and create better organization. There are different ways you could label them but I chose to use Chalkboard Vinyl Labels which I purchased at Hobby Lobby for $3.99. Which I actually got for less because I had a 40% off coupon and they often have those available. The chalk by itself was $0.99.

I learned that after I place them on the pots it was easier to write on the labels then stick them on so you may want to do that step first. After, smooth them onto the pots as straight as possible.They don't stick like glue but they stick fairly well and you can always add some double sided tape to make it stick to your liking.

And VOILA! You now have three transformed flower pots to use at your liking. I placed mine in the kitchen so I labeled them Keys, Junk, and Mail.


ENJOY!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...