Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What I Made Wednesday: Magazine Box DIY

I love magazines! Especially the fact that I have 13 subscriptions and I only pay a total of $10 for two, the rest are FREE! Of course with so many magazines there can be a lot of clutter. I decided one day to go buy multiple magazine holders but my mom suggested I make my own, and thus my magazine box was born.














What you'll need:





A box or boxes 
shelf liner

scissors

a flat service


I used some plain Staples boxes. They have lids and you can either use this as a part of the project or recycle it. I purchased my shelf liner from Marshall's. It was $5.99 and comes with a pretty decent amount on the roll for the price and they have multiple designs to choose from. 

The box is simple to make and should take no time. You'll want to start by laying the shelf liner flat and placing the box right side up. Measure enough shelf liner to cover both sides of the box when folded up. 

You would then remove the paper to expose the adhesive and gently place the box on top and then smoothing the liner up the sides of the box. You will still have some box exposed which is simple to cover with extra liner. Cut the appropriate amount needed and smooth over the longer sides of the box.


It's not necessary to cover the inside unless you would like the appearance of the design on the inside as well. Once all sides are covered the box should look like so.


After the box is complete place your magazines inside and admire all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...