Thursday, March 12, 2015

Whyyyyyy?



I think a lot of times we ask ourselves why. Why did Kim dye her hair blonde? Why was Angelica so mean to Tommy and Chuckie? Why is Black Friday really on Thursday? And with some questions we never quite know the answer. I find myself asking myself why also. With all of the social media platforms these days it’s easy to look at others’ lives, what they choose to share anyway, which is too much sometimes. No names included… At the ripe age of 27 (even though I feel 28 actually 30) I have my own questions about my accomplishments this far.  I look at celebrities and ask why couldn’t I go to Paris Fashion Week? I see some people from high school who have gorgeous houses and think about when will my day come. Others my age have 3 kids while some are just embarking on the journey with their first child while I’m just sitting at home with my house plants, Maggie, Cash, and Money chillin. But I can’t let others accomplishments get me down. I went to college and graduated with a B.S. I have a husband who loves me and a family who would do anything for me. My friends accept me for who I am and what’s not to love about that? I am blessed to say I have a job even if it isn’t the one I will do forever. When I really think about it raking leaves is like #85 on my list of things I hate so why rush to buy a house? I love waking up at 10 AM, then laying there until 11, and finally getting up at 12. Something I cannot do with a baby in tow. I hope to one day have an all-white desk with cute sticky notes and scented copy paper like Elle in Legally Blonde when I get my dream job but that hasn’t come yet. It’s ok to get down sometimes because at times you need that to be able to come back stronger. I have realized that I can’t base others achievements on my own. I know I am capable at fulfilling any dreams but at my own pace. What others have shouldn’t define my life or my happiness. Although it is easy to compare ourselves to friends and even strangers we shouldn’t diminish our own accomplishments based on everyone else. So I said all this to say it doesn’t matter if you are 21 or 40 keep striving for what you want. Doesn’t matter how long it takes its your life and your dream and as far as I am concerned my dreams have no expiration date.


Until Next Time... 






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...