Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans | To Grandmas House We Go

I love going to grandma and grandaddys house still and yes I am 27. There is just something about being there that is like no other place on earth. Desmond and I haven't been there together since 2013 so it was nice to enjoy a visit and spend some QT together!

On the way down there we indulged in some Checkers which was delish. They used to have one near us a long time ago but the reunion was well worth the wait. Not to mention they sell baby funnel cakes and funnel cakes are amazing as all get out to begin with but I mean in baby size there are off the chain. Not to mention that we originally wanted 2 apple pies for a dollar but they didn't have any ready so she gave us the funnel cakes instead which are normally 1.49 each so you can say we were winning!


On Friday we made homemade pizzas! Of course they hit the spot like a drug bust and I was in heaven for a while. Until... my grandaddy made chicken the next day and then I realized that I was then in heaven and the day before I was still on earth but in a heavenly place like Disneyland or the Walmart clearance aisle.


Saturday we all went to see American Sniper at the movies and the movie was actually really good. I wasn't sure what to expect at first but soon after I read the story I was intrigued. Grandaddy wsn't not paying much attention. He was excited about the popcorn and the fact that it was free!


While I was there we got to actually do our Book Club in person minus Tyra and mom and that was cool. It is usually all of us on three way but it was a pleasant surprise to be able to do it there with grandma. We are reading Still Alice by Lisa Genova. The book is very good and well written so if you get a chance you should definitely add it to your list. And of course even better it is a movie so it is basically a win win. 


I was sad to leave but must return back to the regularly scheduled program. Savannah was nice while it lasted it. Back to the snow and ice. Yeah...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...